Martin County Hospital District (MCHD) was organized in 1967 and has boundaries coterminous with Martin County, Texas. It is located in the heart of West Texas. Opened in 1949, the hospital was originally located near downtown Stanton (picture below). This facility served the community well for many years, but was replaced with a state of the art 18 bed facility in 2012. The new facility is located on I20, and has been designated as a Critical Access Hospital.
The District has financial and operational oversight responsibility for the Hospital, Clinic, Homecare and EMS services. The Board of Directors is appointed by the Martin County Commissioners Court to serve staggered, two-year terms.