Medical & Administrative Services Provided by Martin County Hospital
Premier Hospital & Health Care Center Serving Stanton, TX & Surrounding Areas
Martin County Hospital is a modern, state-of-the-art health care facility staffed with experienced surgeons, physicians, nurses, administrators and other professionals. Dedicated to putting our patients’ needs first and delivering the highest quality medical care, we provide a broad range of services, including:
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services & Urgent Care – Our emergency room staff is ready to help you whenever critical health complications arise. If you are experiencing health problems and you are not sure whether you need emergency medical attention, don’t hesitate to come in or call us. Our team is ready to assist you any time, any day.
- Surgery – Our modern operating room is equipped with the latest medical devices, technologies and innovations to facilitate various types of surgical procedures. We also have comfortable pre- and post-operative accommodations, as well as a secluded room, and we are ready to accommodate air evacuations and ambulance transfers whenever necessary.
- Diagnostic Services – When you begin to experience health complications, our diagnostic team will be here for you, ready to administer the necessary test(s) to properly diagnose your condition so you can start getting the treatments you need as soon as possible. Our range of diagnostic services include (and are not limited to):
- Endoscopies for digestive tract examinations
- Imaging testing, including X-Rays, CT Scans, and Ultrasounds
- Laboratory work, including blood tests, various chemical testing, urinalysis, and more (for diagnostic, evaluation and treatment needs).
- Cardiopulmonary Services – Our cardiopulmonary testing services include a range of tests to evaluate patients’ heart structure and function, as well as the arteries and organs surrounding the heart. Our physicians are experienced at administering and assessing a spectrum of cardiopulmonary tests, such as (but not limited to) stress testing, EKGs, Holter monitoring and echocardiography imaging tests.
- Therapeutic Services – We provide various types of therapies to meet our patients’ needs and assist them in their recovery. These therapeutic services include:
- Physical therapy for sports injuries, work-related injuries, pain management, post-surgery rehab, and general wellness
- Speech therapy for articulation, fluency and/or resonance disorders
- Occupational therapy for a variety of social, physical and/or developmental disorders.
- Pediatric Dentistry – Our skilled, well-trained dental staff perform dental exams and provide various oral health services for infants, toddlers, children and teens. From professional cleanings to fillings and gum disease treatment, we can take care of all of your child’s dental needs.
- Additional Outpatient Services – Providing medical care and treatment for patients who don’t need to stay in the hospital, our outpatient services cover a broad spectrum of offerings, from dietary consultations, addiction counseling and general medical care to chemotherapy and other specialized treatments.
- Administrative & Medical Record Services – Our friendly, efficient administrative staff can assist you with admissions, billing issues, medical records requests, and any guest service-related issue you may have.
Our Services & Offerings: The Swing Bed Program
If you have been in the hospital and are not yet well enough to return home, our swing bed program can help you. This program allows qualifying patients to transition from one level of care to another without having to change facilities.
Eligibility for a swing bed is determined based on standards set by Medicare and state regulations. These standards for eligibility generally include the following:
- A patient must be hospitalized as an “Acute Inpatient” not an “Observation Patient” for a minimum of three (3) consecutive midnights within a 30-day period.
- Admissions can come from any hospital, including our own hospital, after three consecutive midnights as an inpatient in our acute care.
- A physician order is not required for eligibility. You or your family can request that your social worker or discharge planner refers you to the program.
- Typically, the referring hospital’s physical therapist will recommend ongoing therapy when you are discharged from the hospital. However, even if you discharge directly home and find that you are unable to manage safely due to your medical condition, you can still be admitted to the program.
Once a patient has been admitted to the swing bed program, his or her length of stay will vary, depending on the patient’s medical needs and rehabilitation potential. Our staff will closely monitor each patient’s progress and eligibility for the program.
Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance companies cover swing bed services under the “Skilled Nursing Facility” benefit category.
Visiting Hours & Guest Services
Our visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
If you have a request to visit outside of these normal visiting hours, special arrangements may be made. Please speak with the nursing staff to find out more about how we can accommodate your special request(s).
Family and friends of our patients are welcome to dine in our cafeteria. The cafeteria is open Monday through Friday for:
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
For additional information about our services, to set up an appointment or to make a special request with us, call (432) 607-3200 or email us.